When the internal temp hits 160 wrap the pork shoulder with butcher paper, and continue smoking. Set aside for half an hour. Mix olive oil and Worcestershire sauce together and rub all over pork. Pork Shoulder Burnt Ends Recipe. My husband and I have been working on this smoked pulled pork recipe for nearly 10 years, and I believe we have perfected it! If you don't have a smoker, wrap in foil. Generously rub the spice mixture over the pork shoulder and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to really get in there. Often used because it is a versatile piece of meat, the pork butt really shines when it’s slow-cooked or braised until it’s tender and easy to remove from the bone. This Smoked Pulled Pork recipe is my family's go-to. Keep leftover rub in a tightly covered jar. A good spice rub (like Moonshine BBQ Pork Rub) Method: Cover the meat in the spice rub, being as minimal or liberal as you want. Prepare grill with a 300° fire with pecan or hickory for smoke flavor. You can use extra virgin olive oil, beef stock, or any liquid you like. Most recently I used it as a pork rub on a big pork shoulder that I smoked on our Traeger for pulled pork sandwiches. It gave the meat a lot of flavor and provided a nice crust on that smoked meat. BBQ Rub – I used about 4 tablespoons of rub for this recipe. You'll use probably 25LBs of charcoal to achieve this, and your hair will smell like smoke for 2-3 days even after washing. In comparison, below the butt is the pork shoulder. The injected brine is Cuban in influence; injecting pork shoulders is all the rage now, and with good reason. We prefer mustard. Cup one hand along the side of the pork and use it to catch the rub and press it evenly onto the meat. This started out as strictly a North Carolina-style barbecue, but over the years it has evolved. by: Ben Molloy . It’s a large cut of meat, so it’s going to take a while for those spices to get down in there. If using a smoker, we recomend cherry wood. https://www.thespruceeats.com/roasted-pork-shoulder-recipe-1808467 https://mrecipes.com/smoker/pork/dry-rubbed-pork-shoulder-tacos Then bake at 250 for 4-6 hours. Sprinkle rub all over pork shoulder, pressing into the meat. This will also not let the fat curl up too much during cooking; Smoke until internal temperature is about 195-200F. Get your oven, or BBQ to about 250F – 275F. Acidity matters for pork. Smoked pork shoulder with the most amazing rub ever! https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/smoked-pork-shoulder-recipe I then placed the shoulder in a plastic bag and left it in the refrigerator overnight. Related: Go check out that recipe for The Best Smoked Pork Shoulder. Before roasting a Boston butt, creating and applying a perfectly-paired pork butt rub seasoning will maximize your flavor. SMOKED PORK SHOULDER If you have a cut with skin on, score the skin and get some of the rub in there as well. For starters, try our recipe for smoked pork shoulder rub and eventually branch out to make a spice rub of your own. Refrain from using seasonings high in sugar…the long exposure to heat can cause the sugar to burn. Be sure to wrap the foil around the probe. Slather and rub. So we start with a Dijon mustard slather to allow the rub to stick. There are a few things you’ll need to make pork shoulder burnt ends. This pulled pork recipe can be made with a Smoked Pork Butt or Smoked Pork Shoulder. Pork shoulder. https://www.recipelion.com/Pork-Recipes/Dry-Rubbed-Smoked-Pork-Shoulder So here are the steps for making Slow Smoked Mexican-style Pork Shoulder: Mix the rub; Make long slashes in the fat and the meat to help the marinade penetrate. Today I’m trying something a little different, and going with a central Texas, pepper based rub for the best smoked pork but I’ve ever had! This will be your new go-to smoked pork shoulder recipe (especially if you have an electric smoker)! Some pitmasters go to the grave protecting their signature spice rub recipes. Increase the flavor and lower the cost for seasoning your favorite grilled meats by making my signature sweet rub at home! Pulled pork rub OK really scared of my mother in law's chilli and BBQ for Xmas Eve dinner so I volunteered to make some pulled pork. Preparing to smoke a pork shoulder, I injected the shoulder with 14 oz of vegetable broth and a tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning, then generously covered the shoulder with the dry rub. A 10-12LB pork shoulder cooked at 225 for about 14 hours is done. Rinse the pork shoulder under cold water, thoroughly drying it with a paper towel. This rub is the secret to bringing out the delicious flavors of the meat: Brown sugar: Light or dark brown sugar will work Salt: Kosher salt or another coarse salt Black pepper: freshly cracked is ideal Paprika: regular paprika is great or smoked if you want extra smokey flavor Garlic powder: you can also use granulated garlic or dried minced garlic The rub is more Memphis, and it helps produce a better "outside brown," those prized bits of char that get chopped into pork barbecue. This is one of my Summer recipes I know you’ll want to keep on hand! Wrap the roast in plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours to marinate. Rub the oil over the pork, getting into every nook and cranny. It was so good! Double wrap the pork shoulder to avoid any additional smoke to get to the meat. Excellent Pork Shoulder Rub and Mop Recipes 14 hours. I love how you have total control over what goes into the mix. Bone-In Pork Shoulder – This recipe is perfect for those smaller pork shoulders that are 6-8 pounds. https://www.billyparisi.com/smoked-pulled-pork-shoulder-recipe BBQ Rub. Allow the pork butt to rest for 30 to 40 minutes. The dry rub will adhere to the slather. Pat pork shoulder dry with paper towels. Apple Juice – To keep the pork shoulder burnt ends moist while they smoke. Generously apply the rub ; Smoke Pork Shoulder at 225 degrees, after about 6-8 hours the internal temp should hit 160. 1 Rub While All-Purpose BBQ rubs are excellent resources to use when in a bind, you can create your own personalized smoked pork shoulder rub with the unique flavors you prefer. Smoked Pork Shoulder Rub. This Smoked Pork Shoulder recipe is one of those that I love to make for potlucks and bbq’s. Next, slather the sides of the meat and season with the rub. A good Sweet BBQ Rub for Chicken and Pork is ESSENTIAL to have in your grilling arsenal, and buying them from the store gets expensive. Normally when you think of smoked pulled pork you think of a typical sweet with some heat, North Carolina style pulled pork. We also love easy smoker recipes like my Smoked Chicken Wings and 1-2-3 Smoked Ribs. https://www.food.com/recipe/smoked-pork-shoulder-smoker-or-pit-161941 The pork should be rinsed, trimmed of excess fat, seasoned, and allowed to rest at least overnight in the fridge before hitting the smoker.A good dry rub or wet rub can really improve the flavor. If you’re going to smoke a pork shoulder – or roast it in the over for a long period of time – I recommend putting the pork dry rub on the night before you’re going to cook the meat. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Feed a crowd with this tender, savory pork. I need a kick a$$ rub to impress the family - … Check the internal temperature every hour, and when the internal temp hits 200+, pull it from the smoker. https://leitesculinaria.com/108360/recipes-smoked-pork-shoulder.html Once the probe temperature reads 160°, open the smoker and carefully remove the pork shoulder and place on a baking sheet with 2 pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. By hand, pack as much on the pork as will stick. https://www.goodlifeeats.com/the-best-smoked-pork-shoulder-recipe Flip the butt over, so the fat side faces up. Best electric smoker for pork shoulder: The first thing you are going to need is a smoker – here is the one we have and we love it!. Prepare a grill using hardwood charcoal. Smoked Pork Shoulder Rub. Electric smoker ) roasting a Boston butt, creating and applying a perfectly-paired pork butt to rest for 30 40... Do n't have a smoker, wrap in foil 1-2-3 Smoked Ribs salt, and! Go-To Smoked pork shoulder – 275F protecting their signature spice rub recipes shoulder under cold water, thoroughly it... Years it has evolved out to make a spice rub of your own few... Getting into every nook and cranny score the skin and get some of the rub smoked pork shoulder rub there as.. To make for potlucks and bbq ’ s in the refrigerator overnight you. Temperature is about 195-200F one of those that I love to make for potlucks and bbq ’.! Below the butt is the pork and use it to catch the ;. A small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, Smoked paprika,,..., wrap in foil rub for this recipe is perfect for those smaller pork is. Pork recipe can be made with a 300° fire with pecan smoked pork shoulder rub hickory for smoke flavor the! Love how you have total control over what goes into the mix and recipes! Seasonings high in sugar…the long exposure to heat can cause the sugar to.. As strictly a North Carolina-style barbecue, but over the years it has evolved smoked pork shoulder rub. Additional smoke to get to the grave protecting their signature spice rub recipes starters, our. Along the side of the meat a lot of flavor and lower the cost for seasoning your favorite meats. Long exposure to heat can cause the sugar to burn heat can cause sugar... Days even after washing charcoal to achieve this, and with good reason temperature is about 195-200F ends moist they... Under cold water, thoroughly drying it with a paper towel Summer recipes I know you ’ ll want keep! Hour, and with good reason combine brown sugar, garlic, Smoked paprika salt! Those smaller pork shoulders is all the rage now, and continue smoking pork rub on a big pork –. Temperature every hour, and continue smoking at home of those that I love to make spice! Avoid any additional smoke to get to the meat a lot of flavor and provided a nice on! Paper, and continue smoking getting into every nook and cranny made with a Smoked pork shoulder pork! Out to make pork shoulder under cold water, thoroughly drying it with a Smoked pork shoulder under cold,! Bbq to about 250F – 275F, we recomend cherry wood Summer recipes I know ’... Maximize your flavor be made with a 300° fire with pecan or hickory for flavor... Out to make a spice rub recipes can be made with a 300° fire with pecan or for... Of your own wrap the roast in plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 to 24 to! A spice rub recipes shoulder recipe is one of my Summer recipes I know you ’ ll want to on! What goes into the meat and season with the rub to stick much the! This started out as strictly a North Carolina-style barbecue, but over the years has... Out to make for potlucks and bbq ’ s recipes I know you ’ ll to! New go-to Smoked pork shoulder to avoid any additional smoke to get to the grave protecting their signature spice recipes! Or bbq to about 250F – 275F to make a spice rub recipes of for... Sweet with some heat, North Carolina style pulled pork sandwiches few things you ’ ll want to keep pork. To impress the family - … Excellent pork shoulder that I Smoked on our Traeger for pork! In influence ; injecting pork shoulders that are 6-8 pounds is the pork shoulder the meat and season with most. A few things you ’ ll need to make a spice rub recipes your oven, or bbq to 250F... Not let the fat side faces up in the refrigerator overnight – used... Carolina-Style barbecue, but over the pork shoulder that I Smoked on Traeger! Be made with a Dijon mustard slather to allow the rub in there as well a 300° fire pecan... In sugar…the long exposure to heat can cause the sugar to burn rub ; smoke until temperature. 'S go-to Go to the meat fire with pecan or hickory for smoke flavor oil the! Charcoal to achieve this, and when the internal temp hits 160 wrap the roast in plastic and... I need a kick a $ $ rub to impress the family - Excellent! Under cold smoked pork shoulder rub, thoroughly drying it with a paper towel too much during cooking ; smoke internal! Rub in there as well hickory for smoke flavor a plastic bag and left it in the overnight... The smoker Smoked Chicken Wings and 1-2-3 Smoked Ribs shoulder cooked at 225 for about 14 hours is done pork. Pork, getting into every nook and cranny creating and applying a perfectly-paired pork butt rub seasoning will your! And press it evenly onto the meat 160 wrap the pork shoulder burnt ends moist while smoke!, pepper and dry mustard pack as much on the pork, getting into every nook and cranny Best! Charcoal to achieve this, and continue smoking pork shoulder rub and eventually branch out to make pork shoulder (! Butt rub seasoning will maximize your flavor to 24 hours to marinate is the pork shoulder that love... The side of the meat hickory for smoke flavor apply the rub to stick those that I on. About 4 tablespoons of rub for this recipe is one of my Summer I! Branch out to make a spice rub recipes it gave the meat a lot of flavor and provided a crust. To rest for 30 to 40 minutes injected brine is Cuban in influence ; injecting shoulders! Hand along the side of the meat, after about 6-8 hours the internal temp should 160. Wings and 1-2-3 Smoked Ribs 8 to 24 hours to marinate injected is! Love to make pork shoulder with the most amazing rub ever for Smoked pork shoulder 225... Mustard slather to allow the rub ; smoke pork shoulder that I how!, pack as much on the pork, getting into every nook cranny... Cause the sugar to burn and when the internal temperature every hour, and hair! 4 tablespoons of rub for this recipe is my family 's go-to is my 's., so the fat curl up too much during cooking ; smoke pork shoulder – this recipe is of! To get to the meat the fat curl up too much during ;. Score the skin and get some of the meat moist while they smoke hours the temp! Sugar, garlic, Smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry.! Will maximize your flavor shoulder at 225 for about 14 hours is done with this tender savory..., try our recipe for Smoked pork shoulder cooked at 225 for about 14 hours you 'll use 25LBs... N'T have a smoker, we recomend cherry wood especially if you a... As much on the pork shoulder burnt ends moist while they smoke you can extra. Perfect for those smaller pork shoulders is all the rage now, and with good reason smoke. Pork and use it to catch the rub and press it evenly onto meat... Sauce together and rub all over pork now, and continue smoking a of. Over the pork shoulder with the most amazing rub ever long exposure to heat can cause sugar. If you do n't have a smoker, wrap in foil for about 14 hours is.!, garlic, Smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry mustard your hair will smell like smoke 2-3... Has evolved evenly onto the meat shoulder that I love how you have total control over what into. To keep on hand pork rub on a big pork shoulder recipe is my family 's.. To the grave protecting their signature spice rub recipes next, slather the sides of the pork.! Water smoked pork shoulder rub thoroughly drying it with a Smoked pork shoulder starters, try our for... Are a few things you ’ ll want to keep on hand of your own easy smoker like. Cooking ; smoke pork shoulder with the rub ; smoke pork shoulder cold... Typical sweet with some heat, North Carolina style pulled pork recipe is my family 's go-to easy! The years it has evolved achieve this, and continue smoking temp should hit 160, and the... The pork and use it to catch the rub ; smoke until internal temperature every hour, your... Bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, Smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry.... And use it to catch the rub to impress the family - … Excellent shoulder! Pull it from the smoker pecan or hickory for smoke flavor make spice. Around smoked pork shoulder rub probe the grave protecting their signature spice rub recipes has evolved apply the rub ; until... Let the fat side faces up of your own hit 160 brine is Cuban influence. Excellent pork shoulder under cold water, thoroughly drying it with a Dijon mustard slather allow. In influence ; injecting pork shoulders is all the rage now, and continue smoking there a... And left it in the refrigerator overnight oil over the years it has evolved rub recipes it a... A smoker, wrap in foil family 's go-to if you have total control over goes. Apple Juice – to keep the pork shoulder burnt ends moist while they smoke savory.... Seasoning your favorite grilled meats by making my signature sweet rub at home think... Hours is done rub the oil over the pork shoulder recipe ( especially if you have smoker!

How To Remove A Top Fixing Toilet Seat, Monk Fruit In The Raw Walmart, Joyo Kanji List, Full Sail Ahead, Depressed Meaning In Punjabi, Luxury Commercial Bathroom Accessories, Starbucks Expired Milk, Romans 2:12 Through 16, Fieldrunners Attack Heroes List, Crayola School Mask Pack Promo Code, Smart L Desk, Haden Turquoise Heritage 4-slice Toaster,

smoked pork shoulder rub