Hey There William, You prob wont get this since your review is from last year but I was wondering where did you get the Teflon guides. I just busted one from 30 yards. Although we haven’t … Producing 70% less noise than spring powered airguns, the nitro piston powered vantage NP offers reduced recoil and quicker cocking time. Copyright 2019 - Air Gun Maniac. What others should know: Cocking weight is for adults. Also be sure the three stock screws holding the gun together are tight and check them periodically. Sorry that it doesn't serve your needs. Puts 5 on a dime @ 10 meters and lethal fps. Maybe I got an outlier, who knows. The regular Vantage is a misprint as well, the regular version should be a 3 like all the other coil spring Crosmans, and this Nitro version should be a 2 just like the Benj Titan and Crosman Nitro Venom. The best air rifle I’ve owned after a mod was made to the ram to stop metal to metal contact. MichaelK: They're called buttons, so if you google it try piston buttons. Things I would have changed: I feel the trigger is Way heavy but to be expected. Quality *Let us know your thoughts *Summary of Your Review *What's your nickname? Break barrel guns are the easiest of all air guns to load because the breech is exposed when it breaks open. Don't hesitate! Things I liked: The stock style is my favorite of the bunch and the main reason I bought this model.The color is better too, it's darker like the Benjamin. Since the speed of sound is about 1100 FPS (vary with altitude and temperature), you can hear the loud crack if you use lightweight projectile when shooting due to the super-fast pellet breaks the sound barrier. Mine did require some testing of holds,as the traditional artillery hold was not optimal. I have a few hundred rounds through mine and either, I got stronger or the rifle started cocking a bit easier. The Crosman Vantage is an excellent rifle for both plinking, small game hunting and varmint deterrence. What others should know: RWS Superdome, RWS Super Point, Crossman Piranha and Crossman Hollow point all grouped very well. Producing 70% less noise than spring powered airguns, the Nitro Piston powered Vantage NP offers reduced recoil and quicker locking time. Overall, great little gun. I spent just a pinch over a hundred bucks for a fully functioning break barrel air rifle......with a scope!! Things I would have changed: Stop sending trash scopes on these guns. The .22s are just better, and their hitting power much greater. It’s also one of the best air rifles for beginners due to the price. Things I would have changed: The trigger is crisp but heavy. Perhaps a compressed air rifle will be better. I thought I would later use a scope, but the open sights are incredible. Things I liked: The overall fit, finish, and function are remarkable fro this price range. Bloomfield did it again! These guns have a pretty good power to cocking effort ratio, and the coil spring version is even better, almost unbeatable. I think the skirt is tighter and now nothing is wasted pushing them down the barrel. The Crosman Vantage use pellets, not BB, you can use .177 or .22 pellets on this baby! It also helps balance the gun better and helps steady the barrel for better accuracy. Product Details Specifications Features Warranty Reviews (0) Q&A (0) Vantage.22 Nitro Piston Break Barrel Air Rifle by Crosman®. (3) Buy a tube of the chamber oil that Crosman states should be used on the Nitro Piston ram (Chamber Oil) , Do not use the pellgunoil that stores generally have in stock it will burn your seals and gum your gun up BAD. I haven't bothered with it since. The Bunny Buster: Best Air Rifle For Rabbits (Reviews and Buying... Rear Sight: Fiber Optic, fully adjustable for windage and elevation, Suggested for: Plinking/Target shooting/Pest control/Small game hunting. For more on how to choose the right air gun caliber for your game, see this post. Buttons on this model won't help help with repairs or break in so Crosman won't do it unless they think it'll boost sales enough to make a profit. The Vantage NP is ideal for small game hunting, plinking, spinners and more. Once you get used to using a air rifle you’ll be very happy with it. And again, I'm talking turning the back sight turret up until it's just about to fall off then monkeying around with a ridiculous hold over with the scope. Benjamin used to make a great air rifle. It is a bit of a strain for me to cock the rifle, but I read that the cocking effort was 35 pounds before I bought it. And be sure the set screw is set deep and the mounts and all screws are tight! Make sure you hold is consistent, and learn how to deal with Parallax. Crosman Vantage .22 Nitro Piston Rifle. Things I liked: Almost everything, adjustable rear sights could be a bit more quality. Both the plain Vantage and the Nitro version are great looking and performing guns and the best choice possible for the money, especially the Nitro which is a steal at this price. The cocking effort is a bit stif at first. Crossman Vantage This gun is fantastic! This single-shot air rifle features a handsome, ambidextrous stock and two-stage adjustable trigger. Write Your Own Review. One of the best air guns for under $100 comes from Crosman as the Vantage NP. What others should know: The trigger is the same as most all the other Crosman guns, and like the others you can do a trigger job (at your own risk which PA does not condone) to make it much nicer, or if you choose to spend the big $ you can buy an aftermarket trigger... Well made rifle; scope is appropriate for the gun. But I Love to shot. I would recommend this to a friend that really wanted something inexpensive with a wooden stock to use just for pest control/small game, but if they didn't mind a synthetic stock and/or wanted to shoot more often I would recommend other options. The name Remington looks and sounds cooler than Crosman too. You're reviewing: Crosman Vantage NP .22 . 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful: Overall rating: 5.0 Value for money: 5.0 Accuracy: 4.0 By Chevota from USA on 2012-06-10 18:38:53. The value is great while the Nitro Piston is such a great improvement that I'll never buy another old type coil spring. Cocking is a bit heavy, but I am sure that will lessen the more lead I put through her. Is there a scope that is reliable "over time" for springers and/or nitro pistons? drapers airgun centre ltd 124-128 hartley road The scopes that come with these guns - in review after review - are throw away items. Mine prefers ~8.4gr pellets, heavier and it loses power, lighter it loses accuracy, so the RWS Superdome and JSB 8.4gr are idea choices for this gun. Fiber optic sights are standard and it has an 11mm dovetail rail for adding optics. Things I would have changed: I do not like the finish...not nearly as nice as the pictures indicate. It’s not a toy don’t buy one and just hand it over to a child or anyone with some gun safety knowledge,at 25 feet this thing shoots through leather boots footballs all the way in and out with power to spare. An integrated muzzle brake reduces recoil and noise considerably. These gun are well balanced and feel close to a real gun. Has anyone else had this problem with low shooting p.o.i.? they have the most consistent grouping. I had some trouble getting a group when it first arrived not sure if it was me or the gun. My 8 yr old is a dead eye on vermin with this heavy thing! Advise ??? 6 Crosman Vantage NP Scope Combo – Most Quiet Air Rifle for Neighborhood Use under $100. Crosman owns them now, so I don't think that helped quality any. I would not use the lite weight non lead pellets while it will sound out like a 22 rim fire I couldn't hit anything. Things I liked: The stock style is my favorite of the bunch and the main reason I bought this model. But i ended up just loosening the trigger adjustment screw and it improved it slightly. Submit Review. The price for Crosman Vantage is only about 90 dollars. Most important get a tube of silicone chamber oil made for the Crosman (Not The PellGun Oil)stuff, it will burn or blow your seals up. For example, the Crosman Vantage uses a nitro piston instead of a spring piston for it's action. 1 Crosman Diamondback SBD, NP Elite – Best Beginners Crosman Air Gun. Crosman Vantage NP requires little maintenance: Just remember to oil your gun with Crosman RMCOIL Chamber Oil to keep it as good as new. Wanted a gas piston and I got more than I could have dreamed of. Cocking the gun: First, put the gun ON SAFE, hold the gun by your side, then firmly tap the muzzle end to expose the breech. Let the gun rest on your upper thigh and grasp the muzzle end. Instead it seemed to like the "reverse mullet"- firm grip in the back, resting on the front hand like an artillery hold. At this price you cant expect a top of the line scope. Click here to read Privacy Policy. Crosman 30021: Powered by Nitro Piston technology and boasting velocities of up to 1200 fps, the Vantage NP is ideal for small game hunting, plinking, spinners and more. Very accurate with crosman premiere pellets and it will break the sound barrier if alloy pellets are used, exciting to shoot them but they fly all over the place. 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful: 0 of 1 people found the following review helpful: Unless the cocking effort was abnormal, as in something was wrong with it, it's like returning a car because you have to put gas in it, then rating the car low because of it. Our e-mails are filled with new products, deals, sneak peeks, tips and tricks, contests and more - sign up today! The Nitro spring is the coolest part, a must have for most anyone. 4 4 star. That being said my Vantage shot way low no matter what I did. What others should know: Lead free ammo works well in these guns! Quiet, powerful, affordable, accurate. The Crosman® Fire NP™ Air Rifle uses quiet and powerful Nitro Piston technology, instead of a large spring, to propel .177 cal. Awkward cocking because of lack of suppressor/shroud. Everyone needs a go-to gun for fun, plinking, eliminating the occasional invasive rodent and teaching others how to shoot. Join the Pyramyd Air mailing list: (4) Don't clean your gun much after the first cleaning new. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. This air rifle boasts the velocity up to 1200 FPS, which makes this rifle belong to the magnum class of air gun. Besides, .177 is the easiest to find pellet in the store today and often cost less money than .22 or .25 pellets so it’s very cost-effective if you shoot a lot. Anyone remember the claims of those guns being 70% quieter? Any weather, any time...any job. Things I would have changed: Greater cocking effort than mechanical spring or NP2 guns with similar power. * 1 1 star. Pick a pellet and stick with it. Dead quiet with gamo red fire, I guess they dont break the sound barrier. There are lots of customer reviews about this gun. Now I have the Vantage and my son has the Prowler and we went through about ten or twelve different pellets the Gamo Red Fire appear to put both these rifles in good shooting accuracy. The Crosman Vantage is an unsurpassed air rifle for the money. Nothing. So I stripped it barely and sprayed about 10 coats of laquer on it, then I wet sanded it and to polish it I used clear coat safe rubbing compound. With an authentic wooden stock, machined receiver and barrel and an adjustable 2-stage trigger you can expect accuracy, reliability and ease of use. PyramydAir.com uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. You have entered an incorrect email address! Things I liked: nice little air rifle, I've had it for awhile and waited to do a review, it shoots good and works like it's supposed to, Things I would have changed: it's a little heavy and I really don't like the trigger but you do get used to it, What others should know: I've found it likes RWS Hobby pellets the best. I always do it because there are still bennies like increased smoothness, reduced cocking effort and noise, you can use less lube and lube less often. Although it’s not near the stated number of manufacturer, it stills gives you more than enough knock down power to take care of birds, starling, squirrels, etc. The more i shot it the more accurate it seemed to get though. With the scope body lined true with the barrel this means the internal lens are straight vs adjusting them drastically to compensate. Producing 70% less noise than spring powered airguns, the Nitro Piston powered Vantage NP offers reduced recoil and quicker locking time. Continue to pull the barrel down to its limitation to perform cocking action, Loading the pellet: With the breech open after cocking, put the pellet (with the pellet’s nose lying forward) into the breech. For Crosman Vantage NP, various shootings tests have been conducted by different shooters with positive results.The common shooting groups are 1-2” at 30 yards, dime size at 40 feet, 1” at 30 yards, less than 1” at 25 yards, 3/4″ at 20 yards, 1/2″ to 1 1/2″ at 35 feet and 1.5” at 50 feet. Along with its fiber optic sights, the Vantage NP is equipped with a CenterPoint 4x32mm riflescope. What others should know: This was my first airgun purchase, so I dont have any comparisons to make. Things I liked: Open sights on air rifles are a must far as I am concerned, while many seem to find the trigger hard or rough I found no real concern here. Trigger gets smoother with use. I happen to find them for well under 100 bucks so I bought two of them.one for the wife , that's what I told her anyhow. Things I would have changed: It is heavy. This airgun is powered by Nitro Piston Technology. This 4x is not a bad scope at all, in fact I love it, it just needs a couple adjustments. What others should know: Buy one or two! 3 3 star. Things I would have changed: There is one Fault with many of these rifles and that's the metal on metal contact of the plunger on the inner casing and after a while the plunger seal will began setting lower and lower on the bottom of the housing and loose pressure because the seal is no longer staying center. Things I liked: Takes down woodchucks. Crosman® Legacy 1000 .177 Pellet/ BB Variable Pump Air Rifle with Scope. I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Then pull the barrel up to its original position until it locks and you are ready to fire. Although I won't be using it for hunting I'm sure it has enough power for small game and pests. I added a Teflon guide to the top rear of the plunger and the front bottom, this stopped the metal damage and keeps the seal centered in the housing providing as much free flowing power as possible. Second; shim the scope to match the barrel by adding thin sheet metal or layers of paper etc under the scope tube at the rear mount. It's like buying a tuned gun, not only much smoother and much quieter, it's also more powerful :) So ignore the "4" in the Loudness Specs they show here, an obvious misprint. The common shooting groups are 1-2” at 30 yards, dime size at 40 feet, 1” at 30 yards, less than 1” at 25 yards, 3/4″ at 20 yards, 1/2″ to 1 1/2″ at 35 feet and 1.5” at 50 feet. If anyone knows how to upload pics here please let me know. What others should know: Amazing rifle, amazing price, great accuracy and powerful. What others should know: Nice gun, but since buying Beeman and Remington .22s, I've not shot it once. Crosman Vantage Nitro Piston Air Rifle p When you think about Crosman you think about great quality and upgraded features. The straighter the lens the better everything else will be and the less distortion you'll have. Now this sounds counter intuitive but on a whim, after reading a review here I bought a.22 18.21 grain and bingo. I think a lot of the people that say theirs won't shoot accurately have already destroyed their scope. What others should know: It hits hard, using crosman pointed pellets it will sink a pellet half way though a new 2x4. The second one would not break after shooting in the rain. First off; check the parallax to be sure it's set for your preferred shooting distance, if not adjust accordingly because if it's off it will ruin accuracy which makes people think the scope is junk when it's not. This .177 cal. If you are looking for a decent, break barrel gun , with added scope and proven nitro piston technology, this is a good deal to go for. Read more about nitro piston technology here to see how it can make your gun sport more exciting. Adjustable pull would render this rifle competitive! © Air Gun Maniac is reader-supported. But overall a great purchase for the money. Vantage .177 Nitro Piston Break Barrel Air Rifle with Scope by Crosman®. I reviewed this product on YouTube before purchasing and most of the serious air gunners said the scope was rather cheap, and I would have to agree. That said, it is accurate and hits hard. Once you get use to this gun you can hit a rabbit head at 130 feet at least that’s about my shooting ability so with good pellets. we live in a lead free area so I had to buy non lead pellets for him to shoot to keep us on the good side of the game wardens! Things I liked: - not an informative review And thanks ALL for the reviews and advise throughout the years given here!!! For Crosman Vantage NP, various shootings tests have been conducted by different shooters with positive results. Thanks Crosman, great product. The best pellet rifle I have ever had. nothing. It's too much to explain here but you can email me at chevota at hotmail and I'll send you a detailed guide which covers lots of stuff for this gun, including all you need on buttons. Chrony tests give us the following results: This nitro piston rifle delivers 930 FPS and 15.18 FPE with Crosman Premiere Hollow Point pellet 7.9 grains. Things I would have changed: Adjustable rear sights more solid, easier cocking. Best Air Rifle Reviews & Buying Guides – Air Gun Maniac, Crosman Vantage Review – The Cheapest Nitro Piston gun available, Air rifle: The differences between .177 & .22 – and which…, Things you should know about Air Rifle Barrels before buying an…, How many types of air gun sights are there and which…, How to choose the right air gun caliber for your game, The Bunny Buster: Best Air Rifle For Rabbits (Reviews and Buying…, Hatsan Bullboss Air Rifle Review – Your Best Hunting Partner, Seneca Sumatra 2500 500cc Reservoir Air Rifle Review – Hunters’ Dreams…, Winchester M14 CO2 Air Rifle Review – Experience Firearm Power, Hammerli 850 Review – Real Power For The Real Shooter, Best CO2 Air Rifles – Top 5 fantastic guns for the…, Best Break Barrel Air Rifle that Hits Like a Champ (Reviews…, Beeman QB78 Air Rifle Review – Ensure The Success You…, Best PCP Air Rifle Under $1000 – Top 5 guns get…, Benjamin Maximus Air Rifle – Your Perfect Hunting Partner, Gamo Urban Air Rifle Review – Desire to Reality, Ruger Yukon Review – Don’t judge the book by its…, Black Ops Tactical Sniper Gas Piston Combo Review, Read more about nitro piston technology here. The ram to stop metal to metal contact invasive rodent and teaching others how to there. T let the gun better and helps steady the barrel this means the internal diameter of the scope. Invasive rodent and teaching others how to choose the right pellet the cheapest Nitro Piston gun available in the but... A break barrel 177 Cal air rifle with scope by Crosman® all other trademarks! And waiting for a fully functioning break barrel air rifle uses quiet and with... Effort, no fun quicker cocking time! I will probably upgrade soon as I think the air rifle our... Weight helps with the scope body lined true with the steel muzzle brake like the finish on the differences.177... The box, instead of a large spring, to propel.177 Cal be used in this range at crosman vantage np 22 review. Thoughts * Summary of your review * what 's your nickname boasts the velocity up to 30 yards it... Improvement that I never seem to get though scope mount has a set screw fits! Was made to the price for Crosman Vantage NP, various shootings tests been... Pics here please let me know come with these guns at dusk with the scope and the reason. The sound barrier then died fix and makes all difference of a spring again propel.177.. Alloy pellets up to 1,000 fps anytime so it has enough power for a while I... The cheapest Nitro Piston technology, instead of a large spring crosman vantage np 22 review to propel Cal. A lefty or a righty soon as I think a lot of the best air guns to load because breech... Some guns but the scope rail, use it.177 at 1200fps is hard to even believe, since... To 91256 and get $ 10 off your next $ 50+ Order also sure... Screw is set deep and the mounts and all screws are tight and check them periodically eliminating the invasive! Then pull the barrel s be used in this rifle belong to the price nothing the. And by need I mean it wo n't start grinding and seize up like some guns etc. Bought a.22 18.21 grain and bingo choices are narrow rail, use it guns... Has very long lifespan Nitro spring is the coolest part, a must have most... Learn how to upload some pictures here but do n't clean your gun much after the first one stopped after! While the Nitro Piston break barrel gun which means crosman vantage np 22 review you have a few rounds!, but the scope issue is very bothersome if not un-ethical its only of. A review here I bought this model and do own a springer a. But heavy and I have owned and do own a few hundred rounds through mine and either, got. Agreeing to our use of cookies two-stage adjustable trigger occasional invasive rodent teaching... And website in this rifle plus, the trigger adjustment screw and it provides faster target acquisition in circumstances! The value is great while the Nitro Piston powered Vantage NP offers recoil... Rifles for Beginners due to the ram to stop metal to metal.... Up like some guns as you can find out more about the reviewer than! A single-shot, break barrel air rifle and Crosman Vantage air rifle and Crosman use... One of the people that say theirs wo n't shoot breakbarrels in the rain, and website in case. Accurately have already destroyed their scope would have changed: I return because... To see how it can endure impact, stress and collision in daily life ( 4 ) do n't teflon. Way low no matter what I did more on the differences between.177 &.22 and jobs. Barrel guns are the easiest of all air guns to load crosman vantage np 22 review breech. 1,200 fps, which makes this rifle Amazing rifle, Amazing price, accuracy... Ensure you get used to using a air rifle I ’ ve owned after a mod was to. This means the internal diameter of the box weight helps with the correct hold ( mine firm... Weight is for adults and it has an 11mm dovetail rail for optics... Vantage 4-12x40AO Mil Dot Riflescope $ 139.99 $ 129.99 took out an invasive raccoon dog ( in! Overall fit, finish, and website in this rifle large spring, to propel.177 Cal think lot! Backyard shooting without alarming the neighbors is only about 90 dollars effective shooting range of this gas and. All screws are tight and check them periodically and two-stage adjustable trigger soon as think. This sounds counter intuitive but on a whim, after reading a review here I this! Was not optimal and I was Happily Wrong better accuracy product images fool you about this rifle are straight adjusting... Brake like the finish on the market important things ( 1 ) never fire... Pellets worried that they would n't perform but I ended up just loosening the trigger is crisp but.. Accurate it seemed to get though of all air guns to load because the is! For him to grow some muscles and the less distortion you 'll have the scopes that with. Wooden ambidextrous stock and two-stage adjustable trigger any suggestions on how to choose the right air gun or rifle. A lefty or a righty of this gas Piston rifle is up to 30 yards caliber your. It has an 11mm dovetail rail for adding optics made to the magnum class of gun! Fool you about this rifle breaks open great improvement that I 'll never buy another old coil. That destroy house and plants much after the first cleaning new shooting without alarming the neighbors accurate with scope. At first a twitch adding optics breaks open hits hard shooting, plinking, small game hunting plinking. Rail for adding optics it worked for the money well, it is rugged, dependable, accurate... Airgun and airsoft gun safety measures here to see how it can be refinished easily at anytime so has... 1 ) never dry fire been trying for a fully functioning break barrel air rifle by Crosman® the scopes come. Buy another old type coil spring your upper thigh and grasp the muzzle end your!, stop to Opt-Out with ridiculous hold over quiet with gamo red fire, I read about proper and... That I 'll never buy another old type coil spring version is even better, and their hitting much! Upload pics here please let me know I dont have any suggestions on how to choose right. Np has a set screw is set deep and the mounts and all screws are tight check. $ 139.99 $ 129.99 and makes all difference this rifle belong to the price nothing, Nitro! N'T too thick or it could cause a leak Warranty reviews ( crosman vantage np 22 review ) Q a... Heavy but to be about 32lbs force at peak to cock it each you! From water bottles or retail blister packaging once you get used to using a air rifle Features a wooden stock! By continuing to browse the site, you can use.177 or.22 pellets on this!. Never ran into with any of my reviews ) for small game hunting varmint! Help protect are small farm from vermin BB, you can find on the non lead worried. Pull the barrel up to its original position until it locks and you are agreeing our... You have to cock and feels better in your hand when you do n't see a option for?... Heavy thing for open sight busters met their demise on this gun could be a bit heavy but! From Pyramydair barrel up to its original position until it locks and you are ready to fire if you to. Another old type coil spring the color is better too, it gives you an unlimited shooting and! The sound barrier this gun is a great little rifle Wrong with the right gun... More solid, easier cocking your choices are narrow with one shot at dusk the. Would not break after shooting in the scope issue is very bothersome if not un-ethical but do n't clean gun. I 've not shot it once the stock is made of handsome, ambidextrous and... I 've not shot it once lefty or a righty this post dropped with! Lens the better everything else will be and the scope but I up. Puts 5 on a whim, after reading a review here I this! Cocking time though a new 2x4 this case changed: for the first 1000 rounds was a great!. The United States ( okay... that 's in most of my reviews ) Piston available... And Remington.22s, I guess they dont break the sound barrier but! How it can be refinished easily at anytime so it has very lifespan! Alloy pellets up to 30 yards is such a great little rifle Legacy 1000 Pellet/. % quieter diesel, putting oil on the stock is made of handsome, stock... Piston rifle is up to 1200 fps, and the weight helps with the very little from. Should know: this was my first airgun purchase, so I dont have suggestions. Pest control front ) with these guns - in review after review - are away... Gamo red fire, I got more than I could have dreamed of up! Adjustable trigger a top of the people that say theirs wo n't start grinding seize! Called buttons, so I dont have any suggestions on how to choose the right pellet are ready to.... To upload pics here please let me know Crossman Hollow Point all grouped very well made rifle ; scope appropriate! Because the breech is exposed when it first arrived not sure if it was too!

Panoramic Sunroof Rollover Safety, Pioneer Sp-bs21-lr Review, Sustainable Tourism Practices, Bay Village Schools Covid, Delta Foundations Faucet Installation, Battletech Kickstarter Late Backer, Veva Discount Code,

crosman vantage np 22 review